[RC5] How to Interpret Keyspace Plots, please?

Jocelyn Doire jdoire at cslo.consultronics.on.ca
Fri Jun 12 23:19:43 EDT 1998

Hi,

> We are issuing about 3% of a subspace / day , the master needs human
> intervention to switch subspaces, so when the master gets to < 3% of a
> subspace left and it looks like it will run out while the master admin
> sleeps, we switch to a different space. Rather than going back the
> next day and finishing the issue we just leave the gap to be caught up
> the next time that subspace is issued.

Thanks for the info.

I have some more questions:

Was some subspace reissued, and if so, which, and how many time?  Is
the info available somewhere?

When subspace will be reissued, after all subspace has been sent
once?

When a subspace is reissued, what will happen the the percentage of
keys sent? Will it be reset to the value of key received? (for
example, rx:93%, sent:98%, will "sent" be reset to 93% when starting
to reissue keys?)

What would happen if the master key was running out of keys for a
few hours?  Would there be enough key in the sub key server to last
for a little while?

There is only a few percent to send when a subspace is reissued,
that means that it would be necessary to switched out almost
immediately to maintain that 3% margin, no?  Can we ever
send 100% of the keys?

Why the master key server does not switch automatically? Would it be
difficult to make it do so?

How many people are in charge of the keyspace management? Who?

Is the subspace web page
(http://www.distributed.net/statistics/graphs/) buggy? Sometime the
page never stop loading, sometime it shows blank, sometime the
graphs don't show, and some more variations. This is the only page
that does that, that I know of.

P.S. :
RC5-56: 2^56 is about 72*10^15, or 72 petakey
RC5-64: 2^64 is about 18*10^18, or 18 exakey
(kilo,mega,giga,tera,peta,exa)

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net