[RC5] Strange Keyrates

Remi Guyomarch rguyom at mail.dotcom.fr
Mon Jun 15 04:45:09 EDT 1998

John Campbell wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:
>
> > I think you're quoting a 6x86MX (M2) PR200
> >
>         My 6x86-200+ (underclocked at 133MHz... my motherboard doesn't
> support the 75MHz bus) gets just over 300kk/s with X and the usual mess of
> daemons running, so 350kk/s doesn't sound too out of line for a 200+ clocked
> at the normal 150MHz. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the M2 is Cyrix's
> equivalent of the MMX, which doesn't affect the RC5 algorithm at all, so
> there shouldn't be any significant keyrate difference between the 200+ and
> the M2 200+.

I don't recall the difference between a non-MX Cyrix and an MX one, but
there may be more than just MMX instructions. For example they could
have added more L1 cache (like Intel did when they released the P5-MMX)
which will improve keyrate on used systems.

--
Rémi		Don't waste your computer's time. Distribute it!
			http://www.distributed.net/
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net