[RC5] Strange Keyrates

Mike Reed mike.reed at mcmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:01:17 EDT 1998

These are the rates I have gathered. My trusty Cyrix 486 100 can do about
75kk/s if it is the only thing running. A P120/133 can handle about 235kk/s
and a P2 266 can do 750kk/s. Are these freak figures or am I lucky?

It seems to me that PPro machines are better than MMX ones at doing keys,
and P2's better than PPros. I figured that PPro machines were quicker than
MMX because they had more math code on chip. Am I right?

Mike Reed, mailto:%20Michael at Reedsweb.net
http://www.reedsweb.net -- Affordable web hosting for the UK

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net