[RC5] Old blocks in buffers

BApsu at aol.com BApsu at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 14:05:28 EDT 1998

OK, first questions...  Does the client take the oldest, or the newest, blocks
from the buffer?  For example, my buffer is 50, but I rarely get more than 40
blocks done without a flush/fetch, so are those last 10 or so blocks months
old?  Or are they only a day or two old?

Next...  What is a safe amount of time between updates of a clients buffers
without risking the blocks being reissued?  I think I've heard at lest every 6
weeks to avoid redundancy.  Is this accurate?
Thanks,
       Apsu
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net