[RC5] Strange Keyrates

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Jun 16 09:31:50 EDT 1998

     Perhaps not...  When the PII first came out, it was shown to have
     performance scaling somewhere between that of the PPro and that of
     the P5.
     http://home.t-online.de/home/sysdoc/klamath.html
     is the site of an article
     http://www.tomshardware.com/klamath.html
     that I originally saw at Tom's Hardware Guide:
     http://sysdoc.pair.com/

     In essence the performance of the PII ping-ponged between the
     performance of overclocked PPros and P5s.  So, if one could just run
     P5s and PPros at PII speeds, one wouldn't need "the Slot".

     (And yes, I'm down on Intel today for a variety of reasons related
     to market gouging.)
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu