[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #210

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Mon Jun 22 00:58:25 EDT 1998

> My trusty Cyrix 486 100 can do about 75kk/s if it is the only thing > running.

 Sounds a bit on the low side - should be closer to 100kkeys/sec.

> A P120/133 can handle about 235kk/s

 You have that thing overclocked to 166 Mhz to achieve THOSE numbers,
I'm pretty sure - my 166MMX P5 only pulls 238K or so.

 MMXs are a little faster 'cause they have bigger on-chip caches, BTW -
math coprocessor has NOTHING to do with RC5 speeds.

--

 Reply-to has been de-spammed. Real email address below.

 Brice D. Fleckenstein
 EMail: bricef at indy dot net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net