[RC5] Keyserver idea

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Tue Jun 23 07:07:14 EDT 1998

'Paul Turpie' said previously:

| Now that I think about it, is it even still necessary to randomly hand out
| keys. [...]
|            [...] Nowadays though we're pretty much the only ones working on
| this, also anyway competing groups can already see which of the key
| subspaces we've done, and probably guess which subspaces we're likely to do
| next.

This brings up an interesting point... we no longer really need to
randomize *within* a subspace, since we trounce subspaces pretty darn
quickly as compared to our keyrate during RC5-56.  Instead, we need
probably to randomize our order of traversal *between* subspaces.  :-)

Regards,

--Joe

--
  +------- Joseph Zbiciak ------+
  |- - - j-zbiciak1 at ti.com - - -|  "The ability to quote is a serviceable
  | -Texas Instruments, Dallas- |   substitute for wit."
  |- - #include <disclaim.h> - -|                  -- W. Somerset Maugham
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net