[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #211

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Tue Jun 23 12:25:11 EDT 1998

>It's a shame the K6 doesn't do the same thing, or that the
>K5 never became available in anything over 133mhz (PR166).

 Excuse me?

 The AMD K5-166 (so-called PR166) DOES clock at 166 Mhz.

 I've got 6 or 7 of them here, along with a 150 Mhz, a 133 Mhz, and a
few 75 Mhz ones.

 Unfortunately, the K5 optimizations got dropped in the K6, or IT would
be the hottest RC5 per clock chip around.

 *UNLIKE* the Cyrix 6x86 series, which DOES clock slower than it's PR
rating.

--

 Reply-to has been de-spammed. Real email address below.

 Brice D. Fleckenstein
 EMail: bricef at indy dot net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net