[RC5] The recent crash.

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Tue Jun 23 19:14:29 EDT 1998

The master keyserver could just be written to only accept a certain
number of connections at one time. That's much easier than making the
proxies cooperate when the master keyserver can't be reached.

While I think that *some* limit like this is probably a good idea,
upgrading the key server is a good idea too. As d.net grows, it will
naturally outgrow its equipment. The right answer isn't always "throwing
money at it" or "installing new iron", but sometimes that *is* the right
answer.

Hmm. I wonder if anybody remembers me... sure has been a long time since
I said anything around here. ;-)

Seth

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net