[RC5] Switching to DES and contestdone2=1

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Tue Jun 23 21:22:09 EDT 1998

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:15:55 +1200, dan carter wrote:

>Will the contestdone flag that is set in the ini file have any
>impact on the switch to DES-II-2?
>
>This flag i beleive is automatically set by the clients when they
>received the message that DES-II-1 was over.

The contestdone flags are reset by newer clients (400+) during
communication with keyservers.  So, when des-ii-2 starts, your client
will automatically set contestdone2=0, and happily start crunching on
DES keys.  (If you have the preferred contest set to DES on older
clients, or processdes ON with newer clients.)

"It's a feature, not a bug."

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net