[RC5] Keyserver idea

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Tue Jun 23 21:32:42 EDT 1998

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:35:35 -0500, Marc Sissom wrote:

>Anyway, the keyspace maps are displayed, the clients produce
>logs, so the current and past keyspaces are public data. There
>are no other groups in this class, so why not relieve the
>master and revert to a simple sequential allocation of the
>keyspace?
>
>I've asked this question before and never recieved an answer.
>
>--
>Marc Sissom                       http://www.dnaent.com

AFAIK, we switched back to linear allocation in the middle of 0x68.
However, we aren't starting from the beginning of the keyspace with
each new keymap.  Either way, it's still easier for the master to hand
out 2^32 blocks sequentially from a fresh keyspace than to scan the
entire bitmap of an old keyspace to find 2^28 blocks sitting around.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net