[RC5] HTML Stat pages.

Klaas Bals kbals at mail.dma.be
Wed Jun 24 19:31:05 EDT 1998

Hi everyone...

I looked at the source of the HTLM file TeamSummary, for our team, and saw
it very neat. A nice structure etc. Now, I tried to replace all double
spaces by one, and found 2215 unnecessary blanks.
My question is: since the html-file is generated by a program, it really
doesn't matter what structure it has. Even CRs etc aren't necessary. Now
probably bandwith is not the reason why the statserver is sometimes too
busy, but I suppose it could help a little bit removing this overhead...
This change only (i.e. removing double blanks) would save 7% of the filesize!

Correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps think about it next time the statpages
are redesigned.

Just wondering...
Klaas
Donate your IDLE cpu-time and join Distributed.net to crack RC5-64!
Don't forget to join team FortyTwo (teamnr 2997)! Contact me with questions,
or take a look at http://fast.to/team42 to check our belief in The
Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net