[RC5] distributed.everything

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Jun 24 17:49:47 EDT 1998

     Well, it may not be a complete list of background downloaders, but a
     quick run to TUCOWS found applicable items at:
        for Win95/98 (note below)
            http://tucows.ionet.net/manager95.html)
        for WinNT
            http://tucows.ionet.net/managernt.html
        for Win3.x
            http://tucows.ionet.net/manager.html

     It is faster to go through
        www.tucows.com
     select your country (or one to which you are quickly connected) and
     then select a TUCOWS mirror nearby.  There are *many* of them.

     I know this isn't "what D.Net wrote".  However, it's not a new wheel
     to invent either and there are some relatively mature products out
     there.  I know PC Mag did a review in the past couple of months on
     background download managers.

     Ob D.Net:
     It might be good to set one of these up to download the latest client
     for your platform every monday or something...