[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #212

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Wed Jun 24 22:19:47 EDT 1998

> First of all, since the K5 is PR Rated

 None of the AMD K5 CPUs I own have a "PR rating" on them.
 I've only ever seen such ratings on Cyrix/IBM 6x86 series CPUs.

> The K5-PR120, PR133 are 100MHZ and therefor get 3.2 to 3.3keys/mhz.
> The K5-PR155 is 133 mhz.

 I have no clue what sort of K5's YOU use, but *ALL* of the K5's I have
ever seen or worked with run with CPU clock speed set to the speed equal
to the name of the chip - K5-75 at 50x1.5, K5-90 at 60x1.5, K5-133 at
66x2, K5-150 officially at 60x2.5 (see below), K5-166 at 66x2.5.

> The K5-PR155 is 133 mhz.

 Never seen one of those.

> BTW, AMD claims that they never made a K5-PR150

 I have an AMD K5-150 in one of my machines - overclocked to 166. I had
to slow the memory timings down a HAIR to do the overclock reliably -
but it is now my FASTEST RC5 key cracker, by a hair over any of my
K5-166s.
 Go figure!
 8-)

--
 My alt.callahans news server is up and running at 208.134.79.21

 "It takes as much courage to try and fail, as it does to try and
succeed." - Anne Lindburg
 My opinions are my own, and no others. Please email me copies of any