[RC5] Time out and DES-II-2 challenge

ALBERTY Pascal pal at bsb.be
Mon Jun 29 15:45:45 EDT 1998

>| Is there a solution for slow computer keeping keys to much time ?

>You could do one of the following:
>-- Buffer the smallest size block, and always take your "buff-in.des"
>   file with you to work and flush it every day.
[snip]
>-- Alternately, you could just leave the 486 out of the DES contest,
>   and let it keep working on RC5.
>The DES-II contest really needs short block latency in order to be
>effective, since we will probably start reissuing keyspace within a few
>(5-6 days) of starting it, if all goes well.  At that point, a block
>latency of as small as one day could kill us by causing oodles of
>duplicated work.

Of course I'll do it! But what about people who'll forget to make these
changes. Or people who'll keep intentionnaly blocks to slow down the project
?

For this kind of challenge (with a short time completion estimated), is a
'time
out' for block a good solution (time out handle by key servers)?

ALBERTY Pascal - pal at bsb.be
Business Solutions Builders
010/48.34.80

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net