[RC5] Strange Benchmark Results?

Jeff Gilchrist jeffg at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Jun 29 16:55:49 EDT 1998

I think I am getting some strange benchmark results on one of my
systems.

My Pentium-MMX 200Mhz machine can do 1 million DES keys/sec in Windows
95.

When I do -benchmark on the latest v2.71 client on my Windows NT machine
that is running a Pentium-II 300Mhz CPU I only get 1.3 million DES
keys/sec.  It is correctly identifying the CPU as a Pentium-II and I am
not running anything else on the machine when I am doing the benchmark
test.  Shouldn't the Pentium-II be working a LOT faster for DES?  The
Pentium-II machine does 830,000 RC5 keys/sec so that *seems* to be the
correct speed.

--
-= JEFF GILCHRIST =-         University of New Brunswick, Canada
E-mail: jeffg at nbnet.nb.ca          Computer Science Co-op

* For my latest research on Data Compression and Cryptography:
            http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jeffg/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net