[RC5] Time out and DES-II-2 challenge

Scott Dodson scott.dodson at bozax.iainc.net
Mon Jun 29 22:51:26 EDT 1998

ALBERTY Pascal wrote:
> Of course I'll do it! But what about people who'll forget to make these
> changes. Or people who'll keep intentionnaly blocks to slow down the project
> ?
>
> For this kind of challenge (with a short time completion estimated), is a
> 'time out' for block a good solution (time out handle by key servers)?

I think, if someone took the time to get blocks, run a client.  They'd
do it for real.  Maybe newer versons should be able to over-ride certain
settings.  Have the server send special control codes or something to
the clients, setting paramaters that need to be set, blocksize, amount
fetched and such.

--
    Scott Dodson

Feed the cows : www.distributed.net     Homepage :