[RC5] Beta and proper way to set up multiple clients?

Bruce D. Meyer bmeyer at rocsoft.net
Tue Jun 30 09:16:28 EDT 1998

I'll reply here. I had several folks email me, and a couple reply to the
digest. It was explained to me that all I needed was a personal proxy. I
never understood what it was for or how it was supposed to interact with the
clients. Thanks for all the help.
	One thing that might help newbies such as my myself, is make a package
available for download that includes the pproxy, client, and faq for each
platform. If I had understood at the beginning, that the proxy goes on the
server, client on each workstation on the network, and only the pproxy gets
the blocks from the net, I might have made the right choice at the start.
Then again, maybe not. The whole idea of a program running on a server that
doles out portions of a problem to workstations to chew on, is new and alien
to me. Perhaps to others also. I must admit, it's very cool.
	I feel that the true value of this concept has not yet been hit upon. If
anyone saw the X-Files Sunday 6-28-98, their was a real short reference to
...'the distributed net' by Invisigoth. (In reference to a sentient AI
program that was using weapons platforms in orbit (killer satellites) to
shoot at the hero's. Pretty interesting concept, a sentient virus that used
the distributed resources of the entire internet to it's own end. Wow.

Anyway,
	Thanx for the words of encouragement, and enlightenment. I may just plunk
down another 10 machines on the project!  ;-)

Bruce Meyer