[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #214

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Tue Jun 30 15:25:22 EDT 1998

> You may have the MB jumpers set that way, however the K5's had
> the multiplier's hard wired into them.  They ignore the MB
> multiplier settings.  I beleive this was the case with ALL K5's
> except for the PR166.

 Not entirely correct - the PR133 also appears to pay attention to
jumper settings, and the PR150 (bootleg or not) I have also does so.

 The folks I GOT that PR150 from claimed it was a mis-marked PR133, BTW
- which seems like a reasonable claim, given that it's currently running
as a PR166 with some memory timings set a little slower, and ran 100%
fine as a PR133.

 However, the INTERNAL clock multiplier isn't the same as the indicated
MB setting on those chips - which is where my confusion came from.

 The ODD part is is that PR150 is running keys FASTER then any of the
real PR166s I have, by about a kkey/sec - clock tolerance error on the
motherboard it's in, I would guess, or it REALLY is a PR166 that didn't
QUITE meet PR166 timing specs over full temp range.

--

 Reply-to has been de-spammed. Real email address below.

 Brice D. Fleckenstein
 EMail: bricef at indy dot net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net