[RC5] Time to Completion

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Tue Mar 31 20:10:51 EST 1998

'Robert Morrison' said previously:

| I know: this does not take into account anticipated growth
| in participants, client speed, etc. Do we have a better
| estimate for TTC?

I estimate that each time we calculate the estimate, it will get smaller. ;-)

Perhaps we should rewrite the clients to continuously recalculate the
time to completion?

I would guess a more reasonable estimate would try to extrapolate our
progress on a logarithmic scale.  The real trick, then, is finding the
slope of the line we're on, approximately.

Any takers out there?  I think someone has a graph of this sort online
already.... or at least did during DES-II.

Regards,

--Joe

--
 +----------- Joseph Zbiciak ----------+