[RC5] "sexy" projects

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Mon Mar 2 02:10:33 EST 1998

'Kalle Tuulos' said previously:

| There is one big "con" in existing OGR clients. They demand a huge
| choose.dat file. I'm using a 20 bit/map variant sized 11.5 megs. One can
| either download existing choose.dat file from OGR pages or create such
| himself - I think if we would go in OGR project, the choose.dat creation
| code should be inserted into client.

I looked over the GARSP code, and I must admit that I'm not sure why
the choose.dat file is necessary, and what it is used for.  It appears
to precalculate part of the search space for GARSP.  Does anyone have
any more details on what choose.dat is used for (from an algorithmic
standpoint)?

Regards,

--Joe

--