[RC5] "sexy" projects

V. Alex Brennen alexb at ufl.edu
Mon Mar 2 11:14:33 EST 1998

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>      Possibly an OGR core could be based on the GVANT model.  It's
>      external file requirements are on the order of 2kB.  It's not as
>      fast as GARSP, but for OGR-21, the extensive increase in user base
>      would more than offset this property.
>
>      I have a query in to Mark Garry about the compatibility of the GARSP
>      and GVANT send.dat and save.dat files.  If they are compatible. I
>      don't see that ti would be too difficult to generate cores off of
>      each algorithm and allow users to have a time/space tradeoff.
>             -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at Okway.okstate.edu

The GARSP and GVANT file formats are different, take a look at the code.However,
it's easy to convert them back and forth - this could be done
by the client based on ini preferences.  (If anyone is interested I
can post a step by step how to do it.)  The delivery of new stubs would
have to be standardized however.

I have some alphas running on GVANT code that open a file containing
subs to "get" new stubs when they need them.

 - Alex

---
V. Alex Brennen  [alexb at ufl.edu]
Web Applications Programmer