[RC5] Golomb Rulers (was "sexy" projects)

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Tue Mar 3 08:46:31 EST 1998

At 10:47 PM 02/03/98 , you wrote:
>> The effort is based on AOL, what can you expect?
>
>What does that mean, exactly? I know the web site is hosted by AOL, but
>what does "based on AOL" mean?

They  most likely mean that the people who are running it are AOLers, and for
some reason the belief on the Net is that there is a much larger concentration
of idiocy on AOL then on the rest of the net. As to the truth of that, I won't
comment except to say that I'd had to site ban AOL in my IRC channel more
times
then I can count.
--
"In the end, I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is
the one in which we throw away the map. In jettisoning the grinds and

- Loreena McKennitt: The Book Of Secrets

Chris

http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net