[RC5] Golomb Rulers (was "sexy" projects)

Roy Wilson emperor at slic.com
Tue Mar 3 07:46:11 EST 1998

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998 22:47:00 -0500, Chris Johnson wrote:

>> The effort is based on AOL, what can you expect?
>
>What does that mean, exactly? I know the web site is hosted by AOL, but
>what does "based on AOL" mean?

	The same as saying this list is based on llamas.net.  The "what can
you expect" is that AOL isn't the right type of system for any distributed
effort.  I'm getting stubs that take a minimum of a week because AOL
requires them to distribute everything via human-generated email.  If they
were able to set up direct connect distribution ala d.net, the effort would
go *much* faster by allowing all participants to use shorter stubs, updated
automagically.

Roy Wilson <emperor at slic.com> <ICQ 8094267>
Lat: 44.850959 Lon: -74.40286 [+/- 6']
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net