[RC5] Dave McNett's note of 2-24 on distributed.net

lunaslide lunaslyd at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 3 00:13:25 EST 1998

At 05:09 PM 3/2/98 +0100, you wrote:
<snip>
>I guess he's too busy getting the rc5-stats online again, before
>people start complaining about the stats.....
>Isn't that a little more important then this ongoing "Macs are very
>fast, even faster than x86's and that needs to be on the stats-pages!"
>
>Ivo
>
>(oh by the way, i'm not in favour of either of them!)

Religious wars do no good.  But Macs are a word of mouth thing, where as
you have to be unconscious not to be aware of M$.  Like the G3 I saw
running Windows 95 faster than my Pentium 233 MMX at work :-)

You're right.  Stats are more important.  It's not like it's not obvous
which processor is faster.

lunaslide           *          PGP key->pgpkeys.mit.edu port 11371
Ah, the good old days when things were crap.               *
*             *           *     -The Passenger       *        *
Get active now.  Join Bovine.  Crack RC5 and other weak encryption
to protect your privacy.  http://www.distributed.net/rc5/
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net