No subject

Bojan Baros barosb1 at lasalle.edu
Tue Mar 3 16:52:50 EST 1998

Someone was saying something about K5's being less and less avaiable...
It is true, but the reason is actualy a big surprise... AMD is planning
to move on motherboards that usually host ALPHA.  Now that Digital Alpha
has been bought by Intel, Many motherboard producers don't know what will
Intel do, will it make matherboards on its own or completely stop Alpha
production.  AMD saw that chance, and is going at it full speed.  Also,
if AMD rolls it out nice as they want it to, it will be faster that PC's
with intel motherboard because of their simpler design, and also,
multiprocessing will be built-in in every board.
	Sounds good to me, and I would probably buy it after it was on sales
for six month or so (when all the bad things are pointed out and price
goes down) if I consider buying computer than.
	BTW, I don't know if it is clear to you, it is still X86 chip, means
running Windows...

Bojan Baros
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net