[RC5] Golomb Rulers (was "sexy" projects)

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Tue Mar 3 19:10:17 EST 1998

'Thomas Womack' said previously:
| >     It has been calculated that a direct attack on dedicated hardware
| >     could for ~US$10,000 break DES in a few minutes.
|
| Not anywhere I've seen; it's almost impossible to get $10,000 worth of
| custom-made chips (minimum orders being a lot bigger), and, for an attack to
| take 2^9 seconds ('a few minutes'), you need 2^17 250MHz crackers. Not a
| $10,000 project by any means.

Take a look at "http://www.isi.edu/mosis/" and go download Magic and
Spice 3 at your local FTP site.  Design rules and sample pad frame are
available for download too, if I recall correctly.  Some Universities
use this service for their VLSI courses (mine did).

Enjoy.

--Joe

--
 +----------- Joseph Zbiciak ----------+  Eliminate idle cycles!