[RC5] piles of pc's

Richard Marsden rmarsden at digicon-egr.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 10:02:37 EST 1998

I think the FAQ mentions Beowulfs.

An interesting concept. I wonder if I can persuade work to build one when
we chuck our PCs out in a few years time... :-)
It would make out shiny NEC SX/4 supercomputer look silly!

Yes, we do a *lot* of data shuffling and maths here at Veritas/Digicon. I
don't think its a d.n project though. This is the oil business. Too
commercial for the likes of you guys, and we would have client
confidentiality,etc to worry about!

RichM

dave.kaupp at cubic.com on 03/03/98 08:42:36 AM

Please respond to rc5 at llamas.net