[RC5] Some Mac related stuff

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Fri Mar 6 17:12:38 EST 1998

Thierry Coopman (calvin at skynet.be), on 3/6/98 4:07 PM, wrote the
following:

>I was wondering, since the keyrate is much bigger on the forground than in
>background, does this "hidden" client comes automaticly to the forground
>(although it remains invisible) or is it just working at the reduced speed
>in the background?

it starts grabbing more processor time after 2 seconds of non-activity
(it's configurable)

>Is the client from Andrew Meggs no longer supported by d.net,

still supported, or I'd have pulled it down

>is Andrew
>Meggs resigned

Andrew is a Mystery, he is the the wind  ;-)

> will there be further devolopment on that client,

Good question. Dont' know that one. Will the wind blow?

>will
>there be a v3 version, can we user bigger blocks....

Yes, there will be a v3 client, as long as "v" doesn't stand for what I
fear it might.

>Maybe it's personal but I like the client of Andrew Meggs more than the
>"official" d.net one.

It's prettier, it's faster, and it's got some advanced features. Would
that be what you like about it?

>In the DESII contest the d.net client crashed my mac
>every night, with the other client I never have crash....

Cool!

Anyway, I'm sort of having some fun with the Mac Dream Team again, and
that includes Andrew Meggs. There's a new, super-enhanced version of the
RC5DES client coming from Peter DiCamillo, very soon. This is NOT
described on distributed-mac, nor will it be until it's closer to
release. I don't think the frail hearts on this list (or the mac lists)
could possibly contain themselves...   ;-)

Did you go there today? It's ben updated again.

<http://www.distributed-mac.net/>

I just can't seem to stay away, no matter how nasty this list treats me.
(actually, a big part of my quiet return was the private letters from so
many people that said they'd miss me... thanks everybody).

Seth

			   Moderator's Note
		If anyone would like to send me anything, I'd
		prefer a pizza to a private note.. just fyi...
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net