[RC5] RC5 Win95 Client

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Tue Mar 10 21:29:54 EST 1998

I think there's a problem with it saving the network status from the
options.  Many of my clients at work started being "never connected"
when they switched from DES to RC5 and I didn't realize it, because I
manually set them all to "always connected" in the options menu.  I
finally tracked everything down by assigning specific IPs to all the
machines at work instead of letting the DHCP set them and then checking
the logs to see which ones hadn't reported.  I then checked the .ini
files and took out the "runoffline" line.  I had a Pentium machine with
900 blocks in its buff-out.rc5 file yesterday, and I think it was the
last one.  :)

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:35:50 -0500, Chris Eaton wrote:

>>How come it's not saving that one piece of info.
>
>Actually its been doing that ever since the Lurk mode feature was introduced.
>In the .ini file, you can add this under [preferences]: lurk=1
>
>That will permanently enable it. Although I wish they would have it save in
>the
>options.

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!