[RC5] What If?

Dan Hrabarchuk danh at firstwest.com
Thu Mar 12 10:31:54 EST 1998

This is the quickest way to kill support for d.net. Why should I have to pay
to give something. If this was ever implemented I'd switch over my PII-333
to some other free project. Imagine the sys-admin trying to justify buying
10,000 blocks. Who would pay him? the company? and if he did buy the blocks
who gets the dough? Never mind the pain in the ass it is to send in the
money, and have fulltime d.net employees managing the whole thing. And how
do the clients get their blocks? Email? FTP? How do you assign a range? You
have the problem of one guy asking for 5000 28bit blocks, and the next 100
31bit blocks. You have holes in the key space that have to be taken into
account. It would be a nightmare paying for blocks. Never mind, that how
many would accually pay?