[RC5] Value-added clients

Ryan Anderson ryan at michonline.com
Thu Mar 12 12:35:17 EST 1998

For those looking into value-added clients, the suggestion I have for you
is this:

Sell the installation as a regular way to test your automated software
distribution system.  You can try the fancy stuff with this, a very small
program, change configurations, edit registry entries, etc, all while not
caring if you make the program quit working entirely.

Then, if you run a personal proxy, and keep your logs, and regularly run
one of those analysis progams on it, you get feedback on the status of
your computers, and the installations, all without any major effort on
your part. :-)

I'ts not a great way to sell them, but it's pretty good...

Ryan Anderson - Alpha Geek
PGP fp: 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9

"With this word of power, I cast thy soul into the void: (void)soul"

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net