[RC5] Possible V3 addition.

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Thu Mar 12 13:27:05 EST 1998

     The ping function was easier in the early parts of RC5-56 because
     blocks were reported by IP address.  You could pick up the report
     for your e-Mail address and see a list of which machines were
     reporting blocks.  I actually used this to keep tabs on the stati of
     machines.

     I'm not sure if the D.Net client is a good way to implement Network
     Time Protocol stuff.  However, I suspect that it wouldn't be *too*
     hard to use and might help clear up some confusion about the time
     the clients are displaying.  :)

     Your first suggestion would require some coding but I don't think
     this would be so onerous.  Your second suggestion could be handled
     through an extension of the stats reporting.  "Just" add a per
     e-Mail page that lists IP addresses that have reported for that SMTP
     address..