[RC5] Build 398 Recall / Bug Acknowledgement

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Thu Mar 12 20:49:03 EST 1998

The build 398 client contains a bug that results in the buff-out.rc5 count being reported as 0 at all times.  Besides being
cosmetic, this bug also prevents from the client from ever flushing any blocks.  Luckily, completed blocks ARE being put into
the out buffer.  Other clients (which do read the buffer count correctly) ARE able to flush these blocks.  So, in the meantime,
until a fixed version is out, do not be alarmed that blocks are not showing up in your stats.  If you wish to flush these blocks
now, please downgrade to an older client.  The build 398 build clients will be pulled from the ftp site shortly and replaced with
their older counterparts.

Thank you,

Mike "Schmuck" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net