[RC5] Possible V3 addition.

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Mar 13 10:13:29 EST 1998

     Well, actually...  Something like NTP may be necessary for the
     distributed filesystem in v3.  The age-old problem in this area
     concerns make-ing projects whose source files were generated on
     different time bases (and so were old .o files).  Then, the machine
     with the later time doesn't always rebuild files last modified by
     the earlier machine.

     Depending on what's in the v3 filesystem, synchronized timestamps
     may be necessary and thus some sort of NTP.
                CIS delenda est!