[RC5] A new life for RC5

Roy Wilson emperor at slic.com
Sat Mar 14 08:18:17 EST 1998

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:13:23 -0800 (PST), Martin Stoufer wrote:

>The idea is this. If we can get everyone to chip in $1 to a fund managed by d.net's fiscal arm (if any???) we can amass a large amount of booty to give to whomever cracks the block. On top of the $1000 promised by RSA, we can tack on at least another $20000 from all of our donations.

	People won't participate if they have to pay.

	Having said that...  Put up 10% of the money donated by EyeGive
over the life of the contest instead, which helps *everyone*.

	The winning block gets cash, EyeGive takes a *lot* of hits, d.net
gets a lot more people involved with running clients.  Who loses (other
than womenswire.com<G>)?

Roy Wilson <emperor at slic.com> <ICQ 8094267>
Lat: 44.850959 Lon: -74.40286 [+/- 6']
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net