[RC5] A new life for RC5

Steve Bennett stevage at earthling.net
Sun Mar 15 21:17:58 EST 1998

John Chris Wren wrote:

>         An interesting idea, but be aware that calling something a
> "lottery" invokes a certain set of rules.  You have to show compliance
> with state lottery laws for whatever states the lottery is played in.
> This can be quite a hassle.  And I don't know if all 50 states allow
> lotteries or not.

50 states?  I think there are a lot more than that...this is a global thing remember.  Now, If I was to somehow send $1 US (about $1.30 AUD) to america, what with all those little fees, it would cost more like $5.

As for the GUI, maybe changing it isn't a bad idea.  I think it would be good to have a few different GUIs for different purposes. For some people who don't really care about the whole thing too much (these people we must prey upon), a nice little icon in the corner slowly animating, and wheels and tumblers might look nice and they'd think they were really doing something.  Also if it showed what key it was trying everynow and then it make them feel more involved.  Add a few
stats and so on, and interest level goes up, IMHO.

Steve

Steve Bennett, stevage at earthling.net
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net