[RC5] My impatient cohorts

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Mon Mar 16 00:12:37 EST 1998

'Roy Wilson' said previously:

| 	M$ software is riddled with security holes (and outright bugs).

Agreed.  I'm the last person who would defend them.

| It's
| not going to be fixed without a ground-up approach,  [...]

<SARCASM>

Isn't that what NT is supposed to be?

</SARCASM>

(Answer:  In some ways yes, but in most of the important ways, no.)

| 	BTW, don't use the M$ patch I mention above if you're on ICQ - Port
| 4000 is the one ICQ uses.

Of course, from what I hear, ICQ's software makes M$ software look like
Fort Knox, at least from a security standpoint.  :-)

On a separate note...

BTW, has anyone heard anything on the vulnerability of OS/2's TCP/IP
stack to these varied attacks?  I see Win95, *BSD, Linux, Solaris, and
even routers mentioned all the time, but I can't remember the last time
I've seen OS/2 mentioned.  Is it because OS/2's TCP/IP is really solid,
or is it because nobody has cared to try these attacks against it?

Regards,

--Joe

--
 +----------- Joseph Zbiciak ----------+