[RC5] My impatient cohorts

William Scott Lockwood III wsl3 at home.com
Sun Mar 15 22:32:05 EST 1998

Hi Joe!

Joe Zbiciak wrote:

> <SARCASM>
> Isn't that what NT is supposed to be?
> </SARCASM>

ROTFLMAO!

> (Answer:  In some ways yes, but in most of the important ways, no.)

Translation:  In ALL the important ways, no.

> BTW, has anyone heard anything on the vulnerability of OS/2's TCP/IP
> stack to these varied attacks?  I see Win95, *BSD, Linux, Solaris, and
> even routers mentioned all the time, but I can't remember the last time
> I've seen OS/2 mentioned.  Is it because OS/2's TCP/IP is really solid,
> or is it because nobody has cared to try these attacks against it?

I'd say that's mainly due to the fact that so few of us use OS/2.  I ran it
from 2.1 to Warp 3.  I can't anylonger, because tools I need are not available
for it.  There out there for 95, and for Linux, but not for OS/2.  So, finally
I had to change os's.  I hate it, but it is so.

--
TTYL,
Scott Lockwood