[RC5] My impatient cohorts

Roy Wilson emperor at slic.com
Mon Mar 16 07:46:24 EST 1998

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 22:32:05 -0800, William Scott Lockwood III wrote:

>> BTW, has anyone heard anything on the vulnerability of OS/2's TCP/IP
>> stack to these varied attacks?  I see Win95, *BSD, Linux, Solaris, and
>> even routers mentioned all the time, but I can't remember the last time
>> I've seen OS/2 mentioned.  Is it because OS/2's TCP/IP is really solid,
>> or is it because nobody has cared to try these attacks against it?

>I'd say that's mainly due to the fact that so few of us use OS/2.

	Nonsense.  The attacks are broadbanded.  IBM's 4.0x and 4.1x TCP/IP
stacks are simply better written than the junk M$ puts out.  You can't DoS,
OOB, or use a Tear/NewTear attack against an OS/2 system successfully.  Or
any of the other infamous 'doze security holes.

	You "so few use" statement is the equivalent of saying that 1950's
pickup trucks are immune to fuel injector problems.

Roy Wilson <emperor at slic.com> <ICQ 8094267>
Lat: 44.850959 Lon: -74.40286 [+/- 6']

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net