[RC5] Tear attack vulnerability

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Mon Mar 16 07:44:49 EST 1998

'Roy Wilson' said previously:

| 	If you're on ICQ (I'm 8094267) you should consider using the Java
| client rather than an executable.

Good advice, although I'm avoiding ICQ, for much the same reasons I avoid
IRC.  I'm just not the synchronously conversational type.  Async media
such as email I'm pretty good with, though.  :-)

| 	The IBM stack is solid.  ATM machines use it, so it's been looked
| at inside out and upside down for security holes.

I've seen some of these ATMs, although the way I identified them was that
they were crashed out to a command prompt.  *doh*  I assume the problem
was a hardware problem and not a software one.

Regards,

--Joe

--
 +----------- Joseph Zbiciak ----------+