[RC5] What If?

Thompson, Christopher CThompson at suncor.com
Mon Mar 16 08:26:26 EST 1998

>Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:03:03 +0100
>From: "Roby Van Hoye" <roby.vanhoye at ficsgrp.com>
>
>At 10:31 12/03/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>This is the quickest way to kill support for d.net. Why should I have to pay
>>to give something. If this was ever implemented I'd switch over my PII-333
>>to some other free project. Imagine the sys-admin trying to justify buying
>
>Great, money for a $$$$$$ PII333 is no issue but 1$ for the lottory is too
>much ?? :-)

I live in Canada.  Two hours, round-trip, away from the nearest bank and
post office.  For me to send in $1 U.S., if you can even buy
denominations of US currency that small, is a fairly significant
undertaking for me.  I would not contribute $1 U.S. but would consider
more if I saw it as a valuable contribution of my money *and* time.

Of course, if d.net took VISA, that's a whole different matter.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net