[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #167

John "Chris" Wren jcwren at atlanta.com
Mon Mar 16 20:30:22 EST 1998

That's a pretty arbitrary thing to tell someone to go do, without more
knowledge of the system.  If he has some kind of disk management
software (to allow larger hard drives on older systems), you'll have
just killed his ability to boot the system.

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:54:32 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello Aaron!
>
>Aaron Cannon wrote:
>
>> So that's what's (is that correct English?) been screwing with my
>> computer.
>> On a related note, last few times I've booted my computer, it has given me
>> a message that I might have a virus because my boot record has been
>> modified.  Any ideas?
>
>Open a dos prompt.  Type:  FDISK /MBR <Enter>
>Then re-boot.
>
>That should solve your problem.  If it does not, you need anti-viral utils.

---
John "Chris" Wren, KD4DTS
jcwren at atlanta.com
770-945-8288 (H)
770-840-9200 x2417 (W)

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)
(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to
such equipment, punishable by action to recover actual monetary
loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for EACH violation.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net