[RC5] Stats?

Marc Sissom marcus at dfwmm.net
Mon Mar 16 17:58:04 EST 1998

Chris Johnson wrote:

> Frankly, that doesn't make any sense. If two people have been
> participating in the contest for exactly the same length of time, then the
> one with the higher average rate must be ahead of the other: average rate
> * time = keys completed. The only plausible explanation in this case is
> that the two contestants have not been participating for exactly the same
> time -- the period shown in the statistics is rounded to a day, and
> presumably the resolution of what's stored in the stats database is
> something smaller than that.

I think that we've been through this before. As I recall, the average
is computed whenever the number of blocks submitted changes, or daily,
whichever is less frequent. The duration of participation is computed
daily.

If you want to see zzzz at xxxx.yyyy.com have a "current" average that
should be less than yours, then submit a block with that email address
today. Tomorrow, the updated average will be displayed.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net