[RC5] Tear attack vulnerability

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Mon Mar 16 18:43:59 EST 1998

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 07:44:49 -0600 (CST), Joe Zbiciak wrote:

>'Roy Wilson' said previously:
>| 	The IBM stack is solid.  ATM machines use it, so it's been looked
>| at inside out and upside down for security holes.
>
>I've seen some of these ATMs, although the way I identified them was that
>they were crashed out to a command prompt.  *doh*  I assume the problem
>was a hardware problem and not a software one.

Yeah, almost all ATM's run OS/2 of some form or another.  The insides
of ATM's are pretty neat.  What looks like a regular mobo with some
ribbon cables going to the cash dispenser.  Never seen one crashed,
though I have seen one rebooting (done on purpose)...

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net