[RC5] PII-233 - real power ????

Justin Cave jocave at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 16 19:57:25 EST 1998

At 10:10 PM 3/16/98 +0100, Tomasz Glowacki wrote
| Hi !
|
|  I just have started doing rc5-64 on PII-233 and Win95GUI client.
I have
| found something weird.  When client is doing blocks at the start it
shows
| about 650k keys/s .  It is quite ok.  But after some time it slows
| gradually on each block to about 300k keys/s.  Why ?  It could
screen saver
| taking so much CPU time ?
|
| It happens on other machines too .  Like P133 and P166MMX .  They slows
| from 180k keys/s (for P133) and 260k keys/s (for P166MMX) to about 85k
| keys/s and 100k keys/s .

If a scree saver comes on and does anything, it will take lots of CPU
time away from RC5.  If possible you could replace your active
screensaver with a blank screen.

Justin Cave                        290 Massachusetts Ave
jocave at mit.edu                     Cambridge, MA 02139
http://mental-pygmie.mit.edu       (617) 225-9132
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net