[RC5] PII-233 - real power ????

Justin Cave jocave at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 16 20:46:31 EST 1998

At 05:22 PM 3/16/98 -0800, Sean Matheis wrote
| On a similar note:  How great should the difference be between
| OS versions on the same CPU?  I'm running the linux client on
| a PPro 200, and getting about 550Kkey/sec.  Will the NT client
| or Win95 clients perform at the same level?  (The linux box
| sits at about load avg. 1.10)

The results should be similar, though Linux will be noticeably faster
because it handles multitasking much better.  I'd guess you'd see a
10% performance hit.

Justin Cave                        290 Massachusetts Ave
jocave at mit.edu                     Cambridge, MA 02139
http://mental-pygmie.mit.edu       (617) 225-9132
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net