One dollar (was [RC5] What If?)

Lars Svane Kreissl Kristensen lakr at mail.dfh.dk
Tue Mar 17 08:20:23 EST 1998

>>I live in Canada.  Two hours, round-trip, away from the nearest bank and
>>post office.  For me to send in $1 U.S., if you can even buy
>>denominations of US currency that small, is a fairly significant
>>undertaking for me.
>
>There is a lot of US money floating around in the Canadian economy.
>Just ask one of your friends or someone at a business for a US one
>dollar bill if you need one.

It seems to me somehow, that the most of you guys think, there's noone
outside the north-american hemisphere contributing to d.net. As far as I
can see on the stats pages, there are some other countries involved too, or
is it like the *American-dollar* is the new world currency.
Personally I would prefer to rely on a somewhat less turbulent economy than
the United States. Not that it matters to me, though, because I think the
idea of a paied contest isn't truly in the spirit of distributed.net, and I
for sure wouldn't participate.

>--
>"Great spirits often meet violent opposition
> from mediocre minds"    -- Albert Einstein

---
Lars Svane Kreissl Kristensen
Hamletsgade 14 a, 4tv
2200 København N