[RC5] PII-233 - real power ????

lunaslide lunaslyd at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 16 23:36:13 EST 1998

At 08:46 PM 3/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 05:22 PM 3/16/98 -0800, Sean Matheis wrote
>| On a similar note:  How great should the difference be between
>| OS versions on the same CPU?  I'm running the linux client on
>| a PPro 200, and getting about 550Kkey/sec.  Will the NT client
>| or Win95 clients perform at the same level?  (The linux box
>| sits at about load avg. 1.10)
>
>The results should be similar, though Linux will be noticeably faster
>because it handles multitasking much better.  I'd guess you'd see a
>10% performance hit.

As much as I dig linux, I use both on this machine (PII), and NT 4's client
has been faster more often than the linux client, but not by much.

lunaslide           *        PGP key->pgpkeys.mit.edu port 11371
I want more life, fucker.   *          *     *          *      *
           *            -Roy Batty, Bladerunner   *         *
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net