One dollar (was [RC5] What If?)

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Tue Mar 17 09:07:49 EST 1998

At 02:02 AM 17/03/98 , you wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:26:26 -0700, Thompson, Christopher wrote:
>
>>I live in Canada.  Two hours, round-trip, away from the nearest bank and
>>post office.  For me to send in $1 U.S., if you can even buy
>>denominations of US currency that small, is a fairly significant
>>undertaking for me.
>
>There is a lot of US money floating around in the Canadian economy.
>Just ask one of your friends or someone at a business for a US one
>dollar bill if you need one.

I think you missed part of the point here. Its 2 hours to a post office to
mail
it. Its not like he can just dump it in a mailbox outside his house.

(out of curiousity, where in Canada is this?)
--
"In the end, I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is
the one in which we throw away the map. In jettisoning the grinds and

- Loreena McKennitt: The Book Of Secrets

Chris

http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net